The priority of SWFCTA is to work to promote and gain the election of hardworking representatives at Chelmsford City & Essex County Councils to ensure that South Woodham residents are effectively represented and that their interests are properly taken into account by the two Councils. The aims of the party as below.
SWFCTA will work to:
- seek the best value for taxpayers in South Woodham Ferrers.
- prioritise the best interests of residents’ best through engagement with the community.
- ensure any proposed development is necessary, in keeping with the original vision of South Woodham Ferrers as a riverside country town and its ethos, environment and style.
- lobby for the infrastructure needed to make any development in the area practical and sustainable.
- provide strong local leadership in developing the economic prosperity of South Woodham.
- create the environment for businesses to thrive, whilst maximising and safeguarding job opportunities.
- reduce criminal and antisocial behaviour with the aim of improving the safety and quality of life for the community, working with residents, the police and other agencies.
- seek to achieve improvements to health provision in the town, working with all the local Health partners.
- improve sports and leisure facilities in the local area.